Monday, June 27, 2005

Day one

First day of classes. I thought I was going to be early, and I was, in the sense that I was there before classes started. However, most of the rest of the class was there already. Yikes. Had to sit in the back to start with, but during the break I was able to move to the front of the room, where I could see better.
We actually didn't talk much about cooking today. Various people came to meet with us, and almost all of them stressed how important it was for us to be in class. At $190 or so a day, you bet! Got some textbooks, and also our shoes. We're told they are totally non-skid. Good. There's already homework to be done. The book is HEAVY! Also have to bring lock tomorrow.
On a really cool note, there'll be a picnic on Saturday, which our class will set up. We'll stay after class on Friday to prep.
Later on in the day I went back to the main campus and handed in some paperwork. Chef Bennett, the VP, remembered my name... Wow.
Also picked up some note paper and folders at Office Depot. (I feel like a kid on the first day of school again. :-))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home