Friday, July 01, 2005

I may never eat out again! :-)

Sometimes common sense isn't so common, eh? We flew through some more chapters about sanitation, and got a look at what kind of things should be rejected in receiving. Talked yet more about cleaning hands and so on. I may not have a major OCD about it, but I've always had the habit of cleaning my hands whenever I'm going near stuff that's going in my mouth. But I had to go out at lunch, and had the chance to sit at a spot where I could observe the workers. Granted, I haven't gotten sick, but for one thing, I noticed them not using gloves, and for another, they handled money without washing hands. They also took dirty plates in without washing hands. I shan't go on.
But now I also understand why it is at the buffets we really should get a new plate every time we go up to fill up on food. Never really thought about it before. I may not go to salad bars again either! :-)
We should be getting our equipment kits today. Wahoo!
There's a person taking notes in the back of the class on the computer for people who miss lectures. Boy, the people who miss class are missing so much. I don't think the jokes go in the notes. Notes of the day to self - gerbil, proctologist.
Went shopping later on in the day and got more white shirts. Also spent time in the library to do HW. Cooking methods, herbs and spices, and stocks and sauces. I'm glad to note that I'm relatively familiar with most of the spices. But I will have to work on the sauces. And thanks, AB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home