Friday, July 01, 2005

Well, it had to happen sometime.

Finally done with the sanitation lectures today, and I promise that if I ever own my own restaurant, I'll make it really, really clean. If I ever get to work for Ming Tsai, I think he'll be happy with me.
Got to play a culinary game at the end of class, because we were so good and finished up early. I'm sad to say that my side of the room was two points behind, but everyone made a good effort, and I was able to come up with two answers for my team. Vichyssoise and dolmades.
We've also had excellent attendence this first week, and if this keeps up through the year, we'll have an absolutely awesome class. I'm so excited for all of us!
We also did a good job of working together to put together tomorrow's lunch. I wasn't able to do quite as much because somehow I didn't get to play with the knives, but I shucked corn, helped to pull pork, back fruit salad, and mix up the pasta salad. I also did one tray of the chicken. So I had a hand in everything, literally... :-) And yes, I cleaned my hands obsessively.
I also cut myself, of all things, on the cover for the corn. Bah! It just wouldn't be the first day in the kitchen without a cut, eh? I have observed several people definitely knowing how to handle knives properly. Have a lot of catching up to do in that respect. But I have my own strengths, so I won't feel too bad. Patience.
Our knife kits arrived too late to be handed out, but we'll definitely get them next week. Can I just say that they are absolutely gorgeous!
If the year keeps up being like this week, we'll have a wonderful time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home