Sunday, August 07, 2005

No more Chef Ron..... Alas



The last couple of days of class were sort of bittersweet, as parting always is. The exams on Thursday weren't exactly fun, but at least I did well on the written one. Not a hundred percent, but there you are. The cutting exam was awful for me though. I think it was a function of my being slightly ill and also suffering from nerves. Mercifully, I still managed to pass. But I can't believe that I was so nervous that my potatoes kept jumping out of my hands. Definitely need more practice. At least, however, CA-150 is over, and we get to go on. Friday, our last day of classes, we spent cleaning and being divided up into groups, going on into our separate classes. As Chef Ron said, we'll never be gathered together in that forum again. How sad! It's been a fast 6 weeks, and we've all learned an awful lot. I think we all managed to pass, even. That's kind of nice. There's a girl who'll be staying behind to practice more, but other than that, I think we all go on, including one of the people I'm not exactly fond of in my group - oh, well, but I guess good for him. I go on to the Flavors of the World class, which should be fun. Chef Wilke came and talked to us too, about uniform standards and the such. At least in a lecture class I won't have to worry about getting dirty. But we get to try all kinds of food in this one, so I hear. I won't have to take Writing 101, so I should be able to spend some time on HW, and also maybe getting ahead in the next class. I can sure use the extra time to sleep too. The library is a nice place to hang out. Spending time doing my CA-150 homework there has taught me that I can be very efficient there.
So, it's good bye to Chef Ron and Chef Lori, but on to the rest of the culinary world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home