Sunday, September 04, 2005

Bleu Chippers

I finally got a chance to do some ice carving for the first time yesterday. It appeals to the scientist in me that the ice can behave so differently with different temperatures. Chef Dean was one of the chefs that runs the club. After the meeting I asked him about books, and just this morning ordered it. I really wanted to join the sugar club as well, but the meeting was at night, and I'm not as comfortable being out so late. I also got to see another kitchen, so that's nice. I'm definitely learning my way around the kitchens on campus.
Friday was our final exam, and we all got a chance to talk afterwards. The general consensus seems to be that we're all tired. I feel kind of guilty that I don't even have a full time job. But even the few hours a day that I do work is about as much as I can handle. Daniel says that he has a full time job and barely gets time to eat. In fact, he's actually lost weight since starting school. Talk about irony! But of course, we'll start even earlier next week, so that's going to be fun, eh? We got to take some of the herbs and produce home after the ID exam, so I grabbed one of the Braeburn apples. I love the crunch and good balance of sweet and tart.
Thursday morning, our last day of covering new material and tasting, I got to school early and finished off the shrimp stir-fry and soba noodles. I think they were well received in general. We also had some lovely jerked beef and kalua pig. Here's the question. Where did the name come from?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home